Monday, January 7, 2013

May Cause Miracles Day one


 "I am willing to witness my fear" was very powerful exercise I was more focused than ever on how I chose fear and what that looks like.  When you’re not watching for it,  it can sneak up on you. The acronym for fear is "false events appearing real" so when fear crops up I ask myself what’s the false story that I believe to be true? The course is clear that "nothing real can be threatened" so when I'm afraid I'm in an illusionary would of my own making. The evening exercise had me look at the fact that My selfishness triggers my fear and all my fears are self - centered I.e.: losing what I have, Not getting what I want, or fear of what others think of me. My fear can only apply to you if it somehow affects me. When I'm afraid I forget that there is this peace inside that is always there, But it gets covered over with all the lies I start telling myself about the world I have created. Fear can also be "fuck everything and run." I run from the peace that is my natural state and I look for comfort in people places and things that can never really give it to me. After doing the meditation I reflected on how fearful I am about the judgments of others but was reminded that no matter what your perception of me is or my perception of you is it will never come close to the absolute perfection that is beyond what we could ever conceive of. No one can really Judge you because they don’t even have a clue who they are and all they are doing is projecting this ignorance onto others. The truth is there is no others outside of what your mind has decided there are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment