Friday, August 10, 2012

Self Knowledge: The Light of the Tiger part two (a talk givin by Sri Sri Chimpanzee)


 Self-realization is not an experience. You are prior to experience right here right now and you have no way to know yourself, I have no way to know I’ve discovered myself. The way it’s known is through negation because everything that’s known or experienced is not true, not true, not true, and not true. What’s left after everything has been negated? There’s awareness here now. You can ask, is this awareness that’s here now good or evil? Is it right or wrong? Is it happy or sad? Is it me or you? Is it us or them? Is it up or down? None of the above because it’s not in duality, it’s not an experience, it can’t be known.  It can be put in negative terms, like formless, timeless, spaceless. It can be put in terms like beyond the mind, beyond time, beyond space or prior to mind. It negates all relative experience and that’s Self-realization. It is radical and it’s the ultimate simplicity because it’s prior to the mind.
Confusion, difficulty and challenges come once were in the mind. Easy or difficult is in the mind. The ultimate simplicity is prior to the mind. Is there consciousness here now? Yes I am.
I could listen to that over a hundred times and didn’t realize that this awareness that’s here now is what’s being pointed out. I would put it in terms of yes the truth of what I am is this awareness and I’ll get it someday; someday it will sink in. When you realize it’s looking out through those eyes and listening through those ears, it applies to you personally.  This Awareness here now is the fundamental truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment