Wednesday, February 1, 2012

no separate existence

Bodies moving around with thoughts popping in heads, just like whats happening  here! Clearly  this oneness is formless and timeless.  All mental suffering is due to identification with form.
I remembered my first teacher asking me "if I chop off your arms and legs are you still you? If you had a heart transplant and a lung transplant are you still you? and I had to search to locate myself. I even had to admit that I had no control over thoughts and the activity of mind.  Where was I? It has been called awareness, consciousness, beingness, and many other attempts to express the inexpressible.  Body and mind continue on business as usual, but its apparent that everything exists in this oneness that we all are.

1 comment:

  1. I am everything about me all together. I am not who I was 10 years ago. I am not who I was yesterday. Some changes are just more noticeable than others. A tragic physical accident or spiritual awakening can change everything.

    ReplyDelete